This book addresses 60 GHz technology for Gbps WLAN and WPAN from theory to practice, covering key aspects for successful deployment.
In this book, the authors focus specifically on 60 GHz wireless technology which has emerged as the most promising candidate for multi-gigabit wireless indoor communication systems. 60 GHz technology offers various advantages over current or existing communications systems (e.g. huge unlicensed bandwidth worldwide, high transmit power, high frequency reuse and small form factor), which enables many disruptive applications that are otherwise difficult if not impossible to be realized at lower frequencies. The book addresses all aspects of the state-of-the-art in 60 GHz technology for high data rate wireless applications.
- Comprehensive coverage from theory to practice: provides readers with a thorough technical guide of 60 GHz technology development
- Brings together the entire area of 60GHz technology for Gigabits per second (Gbps) WLAN and WPAN applications.
- Discusses practical system designs covering wide aspects such as antenna propagation, beamforming, circuit design, digital communication, signal processing, system architectures, etc.
- Provides up-to-date standardization activities, regulatory issues, technology development as well as future trends
- Includes examples and case studies for practical scenarios
- Contains theoretical, simulation and experimental results to demonstrate and compare the performance of various schemes (or systems)
This book serves as an excellent reference for system engineers, system architects, IC designers, standard engineers, researchers, and vendor and manufacturer consumers. Technical consultants, software and application developers will also find this book of interest.
Chapter 1 Introduction to 60GHz (pages 116): Su?khiong (sk) Yong
Chapter 2 60GHz Channel Characterizations and Modeling (pages 1761): Su?khiong (sk) Yong
Chapter 3 Non?Ideal Radio Frequency Front?End Models in 60GHz Systems (pages 6387): Chang?Soon Choi, Dr.?Ing. Maxim Piz and Dr.?Ing. Eckhard Grass
Chapter 4 Antenna Array Beamforming in 60GHz (pages 89116): Pengfei Xia
Chapter 5 Baseband Modulation (pages 117167): Pengfei Xia and Andre Bourdoux
Chapter 6 60GHz Radio Implementation in Silicon (pages 169192): Alberto Valdes?Garcia
Chapter 7 Hardware Implementation for Single Carrier Systems (pages 193210): Yasunao Katayama
Chapter 8 Gbps OFDM Baseband Design and Implementation for 60GHz Wireless LAN Applications (pages 211237): Chang?Soon Choi, Dr.?Ing. Maxim Piz, Dipl.?Ing. Marcus Ehrig and Dr.?Ing. Eckhard Grass
Chapter 9 Medium Access Control Design (pages 239265): Harkirat Singh
Chapter 10 Remaining Challenges and Future Directions (pages 267271): Alberto Valdes?Garcia, Pengfei Xia, Su?Khiong Yong and Harkirat Singh